Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Things just don't come easy

As soon as I was finishing my blog update about my unexpectedly awesome interview, I sat down for an internet research. After all, they wanted me to come back for a second interview next thing in the morning, and I had to get busy with marketing information, especially information related to the company itself.

So, I clicked into the companys' website. It was a pretty site, very simple, very convenient... but not really informative. The site has named a few famous companies that have used the companys' services, such as "carphone warehouse", but it didn't give any examples. Even though that on a normal basis it should have raised my suspicion by now, but I figured at that moment that it was only because the site was relatively new.

I thought then, Ok... let's keep on searching for clues... I'm pretty sure I can find something on the cyberspace.

Unfortunately, I have found something. - this is of course only an example of the vast amount of information I've found on them and on their peer companies.


Report: R&S Marketing Solutions - Red Square Direct - COBRA Group
Category: Multi Level Marketing
R&S Marketing Solutions - Red Square Direct - COBRA Group SCAM Brighton United Kingdom
*Consumer Comment ..A response


R&S Marketing Solutions - Red Square Direct - COBRA Group
Phone: +44-02070173877Fax:

Western Road BrightonBrighton, United Kingdom
Submitted: 10/26/2008 9:26:12 PMModified: 10/27/2008 7:32:16 AM


Ripoff Report Verified Safe
Hello,About 2 months ago I went for an interview at 'Red Square Direct' after being told that I was just what they were looking for. I attended the first interview that was in a very grotty little office above a flower shop. The receptionist was dressed in very casual clothes and had very loud dance music playing. I was invited into the office and the man interviewing me did not seem to be paying any attention at all and then just said I'd get a call if I got through to the second interview..and as good as pushed me out the door before answering the question of what they actually did.Of course I then got to the second stage and was told to wear 'comfy' shoes. So I arrived next morning and was introduced to a team leader who was going to take me out into the field to get a taste for the job. He was a nice lad but seemed so brainwashed and so did all the other employees. We got the bus to a train station and he then told me we were going to Portsmouth (about 2 hours away from the office in Brighton). Now you are probably all going to think I'm stupid but i am only 18 years old and was desperate to leave my old job. We got on the train and he then told me I had to pay my own train fair (12 pounds!!!). He then got me to write these things down in a note book. The law of averages, and other things something about REHASH... if I wrote one word wrong he wuld say NO YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT WORD FOR WORD. We got of the train and walked about selling make up for about 6 hours ( he only sold 2 all day). He kept on going on about how much money you can make but then on the train back to Brighton he said 'you do know its commission only right? Its 5 pound a sale'. ( so he had earned a tenner for 12 hours work including travel which you have to pay for out of your own pocket!. He made me memorize all these sayings and things and said you only get the job if you remember them 100%.We got back to the office and I took the stupid test and of course I passed (like everyone else). The manager called me into the office and started spouting a load of crap about how I could be earning 60K in under a year and that the money I pay for the travel is 'my investment for the company' HAHAHA. He left the room for a second and then came back in with the team leader and told me I had the job. The team leader left the room with me and said 'WOW what did you do? Hes so impressed with you, do you know how rare that is? He doesn't normally like anyone!' I have been told by other people that they say this to everyone. I got sucked into this crap for about 12 hours but then my boyfriend talked sense into me and so I did some research and found out that this company is related COBRA group. I do not know whether this is an actual cult but it had many cult like qualities.Please do not get duped by this. I felt so sick that I actually got sucked into this but as you see it really effects you as I only went for one day and am still thinking about it now!!

1 comment:

Liron-san said...

Is this what they call in Isreal "shivuk rishti" ?
Anyway, it's very smart of you to check on the company online. You saved yourself a lot of brainwash (and money)...
At least you learned something for it (such as to wear a tie :-))