Tuesday, March 10, 2009

tie me an Interview

Oh Crap, I need a tie?!
I was sitting in the waiting room, filled with couches and people sittting on them. I guess they were waiting for the same interview as I was... Frankly, thre was no way for me to know, due to the infamous "waiting for an interview" code of laws, which specifically says that one should make and uphold the situation as uncomfortable as it could possibly get for the other candidates, keeping the eerie silence at its extreme. Though it was not really quiet there. For some reason there was loud music being played, with the catchy and fitting words of "feel the pressure" being repeated over and over.

All of the other guys looked older. And smarter. And they had a tie! I began to feel I have zero chances of getting the damn job. Even the asian guy managed not to look like a douch in his suit.

Not that I thought I would be getting the job in the first place. Now call me cynic or lacking in confidence, which I am, mostly, but the job specifically mentioned working full time. You see, I have "visa restrictions", which prevent me from working full time.

So I wasn't worried at all. Really. No excitement. No butterflies in my stomach. I wasn't even yawning! (I yawn when I'm excited). I just thought of it as a new type of experience. After all, I had to gain some sort of knowledge about the procedures of getting a damn job in London, not to mention the fact that I have never gone through an interview, so the upcoming one was basically my first, one, EVAH.

What an interesting situation have I put myself into... how would I sell myself? what can I offer that other people lack in? and how can I do it without lying through my teeth?

Oh well, I'll learn my little lesson today.

---> AFTER THE INTERVIEW

Well, for some reason, they want me back tomorrow. Tomorrow is the real deal of discovering my "abilities" and some other pointless issues important to Londoners. They also pointed out that I should come in a suit... I hate ties. It's gonna be a 9 to 5 kind of first training, and maybe a test in the end, to see if I fit their criteria, whichever it is.

Well, good luck to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good so far. Just buy some cool ties and everything will be fine.
Keep us posted!

I ended up not getting sued but paying quite a bit of money. I hope next time you're on Skype you'll catch me in a better mood :)