Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Growing up or love at first sight at the Gay club

"AA Youo HAAY?!" she yelled.

"WHAAAT?!" I couldn't hear her through all the noise and prancing males around me.

"A R E Y O U GAAAYY?!!?" She exploded.

"NOOO!" I shouted back... "A R E YOOOUU GAAY?!?!"

"NOoo!" she laughed.
"Then What are you doing here?"
"I'm with a gay friend!!! What are YOU doing here?!"
"I'm with MY gay friend!!!"

This conversation was held on top of a stage at a gay club in Si-lom, Bangkok. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Sunday morning, after a wonderful week with Jasper and others, I packed my small bag and headed off to meet with my new host, who goes by the name of Markus. We met at one of the malls, and, well, I've noticed that he was gay. now I'm not talking about the kind'a gay we have in Israel... I'm talking about full time gay, one who is not afraid of what the society would think about him. After all, it is very common to see gay, transvestite, transgender, or just feminine men walking all over Bangkok.
Now I had my suspicion, but I wasn't truly sure about him being gay, and at first I thought that it could maybe pose a problem, since I've never had the experience or the knowledge in being comfortable around gay men... you could say that I was terrified. But I decided that it was time for me to grow up a little, especially in this concern, so I've decided of making Markus, my host for the better part of the upcoming week, to be my mentor.
The first experience, for me, was a total flop. I told him I need to go to the Israeli place to get some stuff from my bag and ask some questions about some organized trips. The way over there was nice because he offered me different modes of transportation, such as the boat, which was this sort of one time experience, and also at the back of an open transit. When we got there, I invited him to try the Israeli food. So we sat down on the wooden stools, an obvious Israeli guy with an obvious gay Philippine, while all other Israeli eyes were utterly directed at us. I handled the staring quite well, I thought to myself, but as soon as he began dancing in his seat, I thought I was going to have a stroke. It was a simple example of my social behavior constraints to his free mind, and body. I knew back then that I have a lot to work on, but I also knew that I have to talk to him about it, because I have no desire to offend him in anyway.
We reached his home during the late evening, where his roommates were already asleep, so we watched a bit of TV and headed back to Bed ourselves. Now I've slept with men before in beds, but this was my first time with a gay guy, so I guess my inexperience in handling this situation was making me fear a bit like a big idiot, but I've managed to get a hold on myself in the end.

Eating dinner together - Markus, me, Jojit and Lizza

For the next 2 days, I had the chance of meeting his lovely roommates, Jojit and Lizza a couple, also from the Philippines, and their HUGE drulling san-bernard who is really fond of me. We went together for dinner, and just talked whenever Markus was away at work. They've told me that they would like to visit Israel, since they are 7th day Adventists, which, to my surprise, has very similar beliefs as Judaism, for example, not eating pork, or not working on Sabbath (including electricity!).

Jojit, Lizza and Markus

On Tuesday evening, I pleaded Markus to take me to a drag show, just to experience the scenery, and on our way to Si-lom, one of the prominent places for gay men in Bangkok, I decided to talk to him about my predicament. I've explained that I didn't know from his couchsurfing profile that he was gay (I explained I didn't read through all of it), that In my country I never experienced any close contact with gays, that I feel a bit awkward around them and that I wanna change that.

Eating Mango with rice and coconut

I was glad that he was taking this really well... I felt as though from then on we can be more open with each-other, and I guess it made the Club experience a lot better for my part.

Me and Yuri

After about an hour and a half of talking, we entered the club, which was disappointingly empty. The Drag show was suppose to start at 23:30, and it was 23:20 with almost no one in sight. There were few guys standing at different locations, checking out the fresh meat (probably me) from time to time, but mostly it was quiet, although the music was intense. To my surprise, the place soon was packed with mostly young hot male bodies from all over the world, and the show began. Unfortunately, I was given a hard time when I took out my camera, so I didn't get to film the show itself. But it was really nice... one of the performances was actually quite good, with great lip-sync, and he/she was really hot.


After the drag show, the dance music was played once again, and everyone joined in a sort of a Sodom and Gomorrah recap. I couldn't take pictures, but I managed to take a short video, which I believe manages to convey somewhat of the atmosphere I experienced over there (although youtube made it soo dark!).



For me, it was awesome. Thanks to enough Alcohol in my blood, I wasn't even thinking about the grabbing of my ass from time to time and the suggestions I got from other men... I was just dancing and having fun, pure clean sweaty fun. Well, at least until I saw her.

She was dancing with what appeared to me as her boyfriend. For me it was hard to distinguish between a boyfriend and a boy-friend, but since they were dancing together, I figured that they came to this place just to have fun with the gay community. I was eyeing her for quite a while, and she indeed returned the favor... just to make sure, I asked Markus if he thinks she's a lady-boy and he shouted back that she's a real girl. It went like this for a while, me looking at her, she looking at me from a distance, and Markus Sulking a bit out of jealousy. It wasn't till Markus put me up on the stage with him that I did my move from a far, and hand-signed her to join me on the stage. She complied, and after a bit of dancing, we had that little conversation about who's gay and who's not.
A few more minutes of great dancing with her, and I've noticed that Markus was nowhere to be found... now I knew from before that he was a bit sulky about me hitting on a girl, but disappearing on me was a bit off the edge... but, I came along with Markus, and I'm going back with him, so I bit my lips, helped the beautiful lady down off the stage, and told her that I have to find me friend, and I'm sorry. My real mistake was not taking her phone number, but I guess I'm doing that mistake on a daily basis for the past several months.
I found Markus sitting all alone, sulking. We talked a bit about it, and I could understand his point of view, that I should have at least asked him before I ran away with that girl, since we're suppose to be partners. We patched up things between us, and for me, the whole of the night was a huge big lesson for life... but I guess those of you who actually read this boring blog aren't that interested in that, now are you?

the next day, my last one with Markus and his housemates, we went to this sort of a fancy dance/pub, and after a rough start, we were again dancing like Maniacs. This time however, I got free access to the girls, and it was really fun... Although no numbers, once again, I still enjoyed the part were girls were pushing other shy girls to dance with me... I felt like a true foreigner.


Dancing with a cute girl

I concluded the experience with Markus first thing in the morning after, when he went to work. I was glad to know about myself that I really do like women, and I'm more glad that I've had the chance to grow up a little bit when it comes to interacting with people from the gay community.

damn I write too much.

1 comment:

Jujito said...

seeeeeeeexy!

so, are you starting to "drop" the soaps now? =P