Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Its getting Hot in Here!

Oh god I'm melting!

I guess my first evening in Bangkok didn't go the way I'd expected... It went off pretty good at the start - As some of you know, I was worrying about not getting an entry visa to Thailand at the immigration point, but I managed to sly my way into getting one. So there I was, standing on Thai genuine soil, safe and sound. I even successfully evaded those notorious cab drivers at the airport who really want you to be their best friend. Unfortunately, my bag didn't make it. Whether it decided to travel by itself into the depths of unknown China, or was it lost among other luggage and accidentally made its way to the Bahamas, I still can't tell you. As of now, it's still MIA.
But fear not my dear subscribers... It didn't even made me blink, since there wasn't anything really crucial for me in that rogue bag... maybe an expensive thing or two, but nothing important. I was actually glad I didn't have to carry it all the way with me into central Bangkok, so instead of sweating vigorously, I was only sweating considerably a lot :)
Wow what a change I tell ya. First of all, my nose, which inhaled relatively fresh air all across Japan, was, and still is, having the most difficult of times... The cocktail of different odours, from body sweat, cooked food, pollution and spice is almost unbearable at times, but I'm getting used to it a day at a time. Unfortunately I will have plenty of time getting used to it, since I'm stuck in
Bangkok for the next 10 days or so, all thanks to the visa application for Australia. The process was quite easy and the crew was helpful, but it didn't change the fact that I'm right now without a passport. But, still, I'll make the best of it... I gotta say my first day, after I handed out my visa application, was a productive one.
Like many other cities, I did what I know best, which is getting myself totally lost. in total, I walked myself to death, through various parts of the central city, seeing, feeling, smelling, sweating the different qualities this city has to offer. The most important part was actually buying a new deodorant... I must say I have a lot to say, but it must wait for now, since I don't have pictures to color up the dreary writing, and I'm quite tired.
Good bye for now!

1 comment:

Jujito said...

as long as my gifts don't end up in bahrein or something.. i'm cool with it! =P