Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Failure

When you fail to achieve something at a certain point in your life, it feels like crap. It's just like that. You need to feel like crap, so that you can maybe remember it later on in your life, when your'e already dwelling deeply in on other matters and other businesses, and have a laugh about it. Unfortunately, I'm at the Crap feeling situation right now.


I've tried my best, and it wasn't enough. I knew that, of course, But I also knew that, given the chance, I can improve myself as an English teacher, develop my representation skills and teaching abilities. I already have had the English Language bagged and tagged, and all I had to do was to learn how to transfer it to others. No, as a matter of fact, All I had to do is find someone who is willing to give me a chance to become a teacher.


But there was no one out there. Sure, Raquel and I moved from one interview to the other, from one phone-call to the other, but it all ended up with the same negative results; A big NO.


We thought of entirely giving up, after being thrown off the jin-mao tower, where "Wall Street" English institution resides. But a day later, I got a surprise call from one English school I almost forgot about. They wanted me and Raquel to come that same day for an interview and a demo class. I splurted something that sounded like a consent and hung up the phone. What I couldn't say on the phone was that Me and Raquel were confined to our bed due to a stomach virus... The only place we've had enough strength to go beside our own bed were to the bathrooms. So after some deliberation with my woman, I called them again and postponed my upcoming failure to the next day (wednesday, if anybody has lost track of time).

The Next day arrived, and I was feeling a bit better, though Raquel was feeling worse. It ended up by me going alone to the scary interview, though the interview wasn't the scary and embarassing part - the Demo class was. They gave me 30 minutes to prepare for a 20 minutes demonstration of how I teach. And I showed them how I teach. It ended up with "Don't call us...", and me feeling like crap - at that moment, the "Failure" era, mine at least, has reached its peak.
It meant a lot of things, this one and only interview - It meant that we've sacrificed much of our time in China in favor of getting a job, which we didn't. It also means that we were unable to secure a working visa, so Raquel will be going back to London on the 23rd - a week from now.
So now we will head for Beijing, to spend our last remaining days together. What will happen later is still, well, unknown.

No comments: