Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Almost One-Way Ticket Tours – Day 2

I must say praise to the Israeli McDonalds. Forget the whole whimpering and arguing over the quality of the meat and the taste… at least we have we HAVE meat. It appears that outside our shiny lonesome McDonalds ivory tower, Burgers tend to suck. But I’m getting ahead of myself.


Today I travelled to what is known as the Olympic park. Built in probably around the time of the Korean Olympics in 1988, it’s quite the sightseeing resort, combining huge Olympic buildings scattered around an ambitious, well tended Park. The yellow grass and withering trees revealed a winter in action, but it was obvious that this is nevertheless a beautiful location for the neighbouring residents, who wish to get away from their mundane grey lives.


After touring the scene for a while, I moved on west-bound, towards the `Lotte World Complex`. Luckily, I’ve begun taking a compass to my journeys, an irreplaceable tool which is a must for all travelling idiots around the globe.Arriving upon destination, I had to take an outside picture of the `Magic Island`, the only part in Lotte world experience that isn’t caged under a roof (see pic).After getting tired of window shopping, I desired to quench my hunger by trying this `Lotteria` fast food restaurant. Now imagine a total rip-off of McDonalds, and thou shalt come across `Lotteria`. I guess I had to check it out. I surveyed the menu for the biggest burger meal they had, and wound up with… well, a big mac. It was tiny, petit, small to a microscopic degree, and I finished it after 4 bites or so… including the fries, or should I say, fry. Although my hunger was reduced a bit, I still felt disappointed. I was used to getting so full out of the McDonalds meals, that it felt like I was being robbed of that heart clogging feeling. So, defeated, I left the place with my tail wiggling sadly behind me, swearing for revenge.


I cheated a bit on my almost one-way ticket tour, and subwayed to the `Myong Dong` Market, located in the centre of town. It was Packed with people and noisy, but it was enjoyable. I even bought some underwear, but that’s none of your damn business.Later on that night, while at the hostel, I became hungry, again, and decided to try out the McDonalds near by… surely there I would be at least satisfied, perhaps even full!


Oh, the ACHZAVA… I got the same big mac, with even less stuff put on it, and it was more expensive. I had to buy some Doritos to quench my seemingly endless appetite, and once again, I was feeling defeated, longing for that distant double McRoyal I used to love so much. One must appreciate at times like these the simple truth that sometimes, well, Quantity is preferred over Quality.

No comments: