Monday, January 7, 2008

Ride those bicycle to the "village people" concert

After staring at those who were passing me by swiftly, paddling their old-school bicycles to an unknown destination, I wondered why can't I join the parade? All I have to do is get me one of these horrendous machines, and hop! I'm one of them, gliding along the streets, running over innocent looking people. Apparently in Japan. Owning a bicycle also means owning a license to kill… the Japanese ride like crazed baboons after a tasteless banana meal, and they don't stop for nothing, and no-one...

So I stole a pair. Well, not really… Shir, Esti's friend, loaned hers to my just cause.


And so it came to be. That on the fourth day, I, Gilad the Courageous, have become a silly looking bicycle rider. It was better than I had expected… although it was raining a bit that day and the hair inside my nose was completely frozen and my ass was feeling like it was just recovering from an all-nighter backstage pass at the "village people" concert, I really enjoyed it… not the village people, you know… THE ride… well, not THE ride on one of the village people… stop it!.. perverts...


Thanks to the bikes, I've covered some good portion of the city, and poked around an interesting private houses neighborhood. Forget the fact that its sooo easy to steal from them... many of the houses have some beautiful small and well-tended gardens. I also took a picture of a vegetable field surrounded by houses… it was quite charming.
All in all, it was a really nice experience… hopefully next time it won't rain, and I will be able to boldly go when no legs of mine have gone before.

No comments: